Thursday, February 18, 2010

card for nephew

Just a quick post to share a card I made for my 16 year old nephew on Tuesday night. He'd had a tonsillctomy earlier that day, and wanted him to know that his Uncle and I were thinking of him.

The envelope and outside:
Overall, I was pleased with the way this card turned out. However, if I'd had more time, I would've liked to have added a little more. And, in the rush to take a picture, I neglected to get a good close-up, so some details you can't make out. I 'pop-dotted' the 'Rx', and used my beloved Turquoise Shimmerz Paint on the word 'soup' and '&'.

The inside:

 The card and envelope base are Bazzill CS. The Turquoise sentiments are
 American Crafts paper. The ice cream cone is a Thicker, American Crafts. And besides that ice cream cone, everything was cut from my Wild Card cartridge. Oh, and except 'soup' that was cut from the From My Kitchen cartridge.

I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day, I will try to post pics of the cards I made later tonight or tomorrow, as well as some updated pics of my scrap room! Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

flowerdisco said...

Hi Jessica, I apologize for taking so long to welcome you to my blog. So many things and little time, you know that :). I hope you stop often and maybe become friends. Hugs to you! Oh!... I bet you know I haven't made this card yet. Tomorrow TH I will be posting the Spinner one, #19. Stop and take a look.

Mandy said...

Hi,
A great card..Love the shape and layout...Thank you for your lovely comments..
Mandy xx

Marlene said...

Adorable band-aid card!