Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a birthday card

Hello and Happy Wednesday crafty peeps! We are over half way through the work week! Woohoo! Come On, Friday! In my October Papertrey Ink order, I threw the Sheet Music Background set in my cart as a last minute decision based on a Christmas card I saw from one of the Design Team members, so naturally I was itching to use it and had the perfect reason to! This past Saturday was my mother-in-law's birthday, and she loves the piano and plays for our church, so I dusted off my cricut, and finally made her the card I've been thinking of making her for a couple years now!
I had also just gotten the new Aqua Mist Ink, and since my mother-in-law loves blue's, it was the perfect choice for my main color! You can't really tell in the photo, but the paper I used for the piano, and as the Mat Stack 3 Layerz is a dark gray shimmer paper, which looks pretty nice in person. The little white music notes are brads I have had in my stash for the longest and I finally used them up on this card! I was pretty happy with how the card turned out, and even more importantly, my mother-in-law really loved it! :))) I have a couple more cards I need to share, so I'll be back soon! Thanks so much for stopping by!
***HUGS***

1 comment:

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. I love the aqua mist and grey. They look really sophisticated together. I've been thinking of getting that background stamp...I think I'm a step closer. Happy birthday to your MIL.