Wednesday, June 16, 2010

hi....

I hope you are staying cool...the heat out there is no joke! We got a little rain yesterday, which supposedly cooled it off some. I guess technically it did. The head index did drop to 96 from the 106 it's been at for days, but I can't really tell, and when I step outside I can't breathe, either, the air is so thick! Sounds like a good reason to stay in the craft room to me! My poor garden will never be completely weed free! But, I've been enjoying the late evenings, sitting on the back porch with my hubs, and watching the hummingbirds drinking nectar from the flowers and sugar water I've set out for them! Aren't the the coolest and cutest birds ever!?!?


So, here is a quick little card I put together over the weekend. The paper is Green at Heart by Basic Grey. I punched the middle strip with a Martha Stewart punch. The flowers and "hi" are chipboard the I painted with Tim Holtz distress paints, and filled in the center of the flower with a Viva Decor pen. I love it when a card goes together quick and easily, and I don't have to strain my brain too much, don't you?
Until next time, stay cool and crafty!
XOXO
Jess

4 comments:

flowerdisco said...

Nice card...I love the distressed flower.

You know what I bought a while ago and I just tested it? A puffy fabric paint that comes like in a marker type. It comes out like paint and then you heat set it with your heat gun and when dry it's so marshmallow like. Cool stuff!!! I mean, it's a new thing for me I do not know if you already knew about it.

And I can't believe nobody has guessed it yet.

Marlene said...

Cute card! Simple - but pretty.

Lucky you - hummingbirds! I can't remember the last time I saw one. Do big fat bees count? The fuzzy ones? I didn't think so. *sigh*

Pauline said...

Love the colours in this card ! I've never seen a humming bird in real life but I do have a family of housemartins nesting outside my craft room , I can't wait to see the chics :-)

Pauline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.