Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cool Cat...I caved!

Hello Friends! TGI's almost Friday! I hope your week is going well!
I wasn't going to buy any of the Cricut Lite cartridges until the prices came down. I usually only spend $20 - $25 on my carts. The most I ever spent was $30 when Just Because Cards and Give a Hoot came out, and one of them I got Office Help for free with the purchase, so that helped me justify it. Even though, Lord knows I'll probably never use Office Help! Anyway, I decided to take the plunge! I've been buying so many older carts lately, I knew I wanted a newer one, and the instant gratification that comes with picking one up at Wal-mart won! I had a really hard time deciding between about 5 of them, but being one of the world's biggest cat lovers, I knew I'd regret it if I didn't choose Meow! I love every image on the cart, so be prepared to see a lot of cat cards for awhile! ;) My husband is very musically inclined and his favorite instrument to play is guitar, so I wasn't at all surprised with his choice when asked what I should cut first:
Sorry it's a little blurry, I was rushing. My card is base is a standard A2 size, in cream card stock. I cut the cat at 3 1/2 inches, and Cool Cat at 2 1/2. The little music notes I cut from Stretch Your Imagination, the little singing birdie, I don't know what page. I used my score board to get the diamond pattern on the background, and drew in the guitar strings, added the little doodles to "Cool Cat" with a white pen, a little Stickles to the music notes, and that's about it!
I think I may get one more today, but now it will be hard to decide between my top choices, Sugar and Spice or Bloom.
Thank you SO much for stopping by, and I hope you like my Cool Cat!
Have A Great and Crafty Day!
Jess

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Glad to see you're having fun with the new toys! Cute card!

Michele Kovack said...

So cute!!!

flowerdisco said...

i am a cart collector hehe but i do buy just what i like. i do not own all of them :)

your cat is so meow-tiful! hehe

you know my son loves music too. he plays the alto sax/tenor tough.

B said...

Ok, this is too cute! Love the fun scoring and the sentiment and image are just perfect! Fab!

Stephanie said...

Super cool card - great job!