Saturday, July 23, 2011

PTI Stamp-a-Faire Challenge #4

I'm back with another card for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire challenges today. This one is for challenge #4, which is another color challenge, and the colors are Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, and Enchanted Evening. You can find the details of the challenge, and play along at Nichole's blog here. And here is my card for this challenge:
Another birthday card, but you can never have too many of those, right? I think this would be good for a male. I hope, anyway. ;-) So, the card base is Hawaiian Shores, and is a standard 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 size. I added a layer of Simply Chartreuse, which I embossed using Versamark and clear EP, stamped with Polka Dot Basics 2. As you see, I used every size dot, from smallest to largest. I have seen this done before, as well as using balloons in this image from Everyday Button Bits that I stamped as the focal point onto the die cut notebook page using paper from My Mind's Eye. I didn't have a balloon punch, so I cut the balloons on my cricut. The patterned paper the balloons were cut from are Stampin' Up. Finally, I cut the sentiment label from Label Basics, and stamped it with Enchanted Evening ink. And my Ripe Avocado came in on the middle balloon. I think that's it for this one! I'm off to try and get in maybe one more challenge tonight!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jess

No comments: