Monday, March 5, 2012

The One and Only You...

Hey there and Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a nice, weekend! Mine was the usual, 'went to fast' kinda weekend! It actually started a little early on Friday, because there was severe storms coming through the area. Everything started closing down early, and we got sent home from work around 1! However, we were very lucky, and had no tornadoes around here! I have become irrationally scared of tornadoes since moving here 3 1/2 years ago! My husband and I are actually talking about digging a storm shelter! One time, a year or so ago, there was a bad storm, and Tornado warnings and I was so scared I packed up my whole craft room to try to save it! And to think Tornado season just started!
So, I have been in a little creative funk, so I'm hoping to push through that pretty quickly! Luckily, I still had this card from last weekend, that I never got around to sharing yet. It was a 'just because' card for my husband, and because I wanted to play more with my Zipper dies. *wink* And this is what I came up with:

And this is what it looked like after my husband 'unzipped' it:

I am just loving that Background Basics Medallions set! I used Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, and Smokey Shadow inks. I am so glad to finally have a good Simply Chartreuse ink!!! The Smokey Shadow is very dark, it looks practically like black. I know Betsy recommends stamping it off once to get a lighter shade...I haven't tried that yet

Supplies: (All supplies are Papertrey ink, unless otherwise noted)
Paper: Stamper's Select, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores
Stamps: Simply You, BB:Medallions, Happy Day for frame
Dies: Zipper, Happy Day

That's all for today! Hopefully I can squeeze in a little crafting after work this week some, so I can have more to share soon! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I would be so scared of tornadoes, too, if I lived in tornado country. I live in earthquake country, but have gotten over my fear (I think!). Love this card. I'm so glad I have that medallion and the zipper set. Just need to play with. I may case your color scheme--it's really beautiful.

Cathy Weber said...

What a sweet card Jessica, love the zipper diecut. Your husband must have loved it. I really love the patterned paper you created, glad you are liking the ink. So glad you made it through the tornado ok, that must have been so scary.